.Enc file extension won't create

night 16:27 30 Aug 2008

Hi, I have purchased a flash memory stick complete with compression and zip software.
I have followed the instructions on making a compressed file - up to a point. When I have the information I want to save and encrypt the software tells me I should have a .Enc file extension but for some reason it creates a .EZC file. I don't know what this is, or how to make a .Enc file instead of it.

Please help,

night

Technotiger 16:40 30 Aug 2008

Do you have a particular need for compression and zip software? What type of data do you want to compress/zip?

night 17:55 30 Aug 2008

Hi, Technotiger,

Well it is to carry around my passwords with me. Maybe the trouble is that I'm trying to take the database of KeyPass which is a .kdb file, whatever that is. The memory stick comes complete with SecretZip software which does compression and encryption.

Technotiger 19:16 30 Aug 2008

Sorry, I have been away for a while - din-dins and all that!

Anyway, I have not been able to find out much about .Enc but this link might give you a fix of some sort ... click here

.EZC if a type of image viewing format usually associated with camera software, I can't remember the exact name of it - Eazy something or other.

Perhaps you could make a folder on your Flash drive, give it a name, enclose all your passwords in it and then protect that folder with a Password which is easy for you to remember!

The only time I use .zip is to send folders full of pictures via email.

cowgirl66 19:49 30 Aug 2008

Hi again,

In response to your advice re; making a folder, that sounds good to me but how to make a password on it is my question now?

Technotiger 19:57 30 Aug 2008

Create Password for Folder ... click here

Technotiger 20:00 30 Aug 2008

Or ... click here free for personal use.

night 09:00 31 Aug 2008

Thanks Technotiger,

I will go and try these and I think this maybe all I need.

Many thanks,

night

Unique1993 12:17 26 Oct 2008

Hello

i downloaded a game that i played long time ago ..
but when i downloaded it ( 20 times )
there always was a error ..
there are some ENC. files !
i looked to allot of forums and downloaded stuff to get this ENC. file away !
but i have no idea ...
so please , please help me !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?