Emptying AVG Virus Vault

la la 08:59 20 Dec 2009

I have had two Trojan Horses shown up in my AVG daily virus scan. The instructions are to remove them to the Virus Vault. However am unable to do this as I am told the Virus Vault has reached its maximum file count limit. I presume this means I have to empty the Virus Vault. Have never done this before - so should I proceed and in future how often should I empty the Virus Vault.

Sea Urchin 10:36 20 Dec 2009

Once you have determined that everything works OK on your computer after the files have been removed you can empty the vault.

la la 11:03 20 Dec 2009

I am unable to remove the files as the message that pops up is that the Virus Vault has reached its maximum file count limit - so where do I go from there.

Sea Urchin 11:05 20 Dec 2009

In your original question you said you were unable to remove them TO the virus vault - are you now saying that you cannot EMPTY the virus vault?

The message means your vault is full and needs emptying.

Sea Urchin 11:07 20 Dec 2009

If you can do neither then this fix should sort it for you

click here

la la 12:15 20 Dec 2009

I have not actually tried to empty the Virus Vault as wanted some reassurance re this. But will try the fix you have suugested. Have to go out now so will try tomorrow. Thanks

Sea Urchin 12:28 20 Dec 2009

Emptying the vault takes 10 seconds to do - open AVG - go to the History menu - click on Virus Vault - then click Empty Vault. There is no reason to keep Trojans in your vault - they are files that you don't want anywhere near your computer.

peter99co 21:32 20 Dec 2009

Just out of interest how big is the virus vault?

la la 07:51 21 Dec 2009

Am not quite sure what information you want re how big is the virus vault ?

snv123 00:19 22 Dec 2009

If the system is working fine without any problem than, just clean the virus vault or just fix the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?