Empty envelope in IE6

Bald Eagle 08:39 23 Jan 2006

I am running IE6 on XP home. I have started to get e mails that appear just as an envelope with no subject written for it. When I tried to put them on the blocked senders list I got a message saying it wasn’t possible. After the first one arrived I now just delete them. What exactly are these messages?
Ray

Diodorus Siculus 08:52 23 Jan 2006

Spam - possibly with a tracking image in them which is used to determine if the email address is valid / in use.

Nothing much you can do except delete them and nothing much to worry about either I think.

keith-236785 09:04 23 Jan 2006

i agree with Diodorus Siculus, i too get these, along with other crap, just click on one email you recognise and then press CTRL+A to select all e-mails then hit delete to delete them all (if you want to save some, keep ctrl pressed and click the ones you want to keep), by doing this you wont even be opening the offending e-mail, simply deleting it.

billyliv 10:55 23 Jan 2006

Next time you get one, Highlight the mail, click on 'File', 'Properties', 'Details tab' then 'Message source'. You can see all the rubbish without it harming your computer. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?