employment - claims

nuke 16:50 20 Mar 2006

Does anyone know how long back an employee can claim back money due to them from an employer?
Is it 6 years? & can you please give me a link.

Further I assume an emloyer will keep records of all hours you have done on a database which I can request from them.

Thanks

Jackcoms 16:51 20 Mar 2006

I think you'll find that this is a PC Helproom, NOT employment relations.

Try Google

surfmonkey #:@} 16:57 20 Mar 2006

try phoning acas they are very good if you need to file an unfair dismissle claim you have 6 months to file it from the date of termination of your contract

nuke 16:57 20 Mar 2006

Yes I understand that - thank u for stating the obvious. And yes I have searched google with little success.
Wasn't sure to to post and therefore posted in 'helproom' seemed most approprite place.

Editor please move the subject to where u see fit.

We seem to have money knowledgeable people here that's why I asked.

surfmonkey #:@} 17:00 20 Mar 2006

ps your local unemployment office will give you the telephone number for acas

Jackcoms 17:03 20 Mar 2006

"Editor please move the subject to where u see fit."

As already stated this is a PC Helproom and all of the Forums at this website are PC-related.

I think that surfmonkey #:@} has provided the most logical answer to your enquiry.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:09 20 Mar 2006

Most companies only keep records for 3 years.

We have an on going 2 year record and an archive of 1 year.

keith-236134 17:12 20 Mar 2006

Where i work some things are kept for 8 years.

Newuser38 17:42 20 Mar 2006

Try click here or phone your local CAB office

spuds 18:05 20 Mar 2006

The inland revenue will have details of the money that was declared.And this would go back to at least six years.Under the Freedom of Information Act, your employer should provide all the records that they hold about you.

Acas can be a very good contact point for any disputes between employers and employees.Your local Jobcentre should also have facilities for obtaining information on your behalf.If you are a member of a trade union or an association, they may also help and advice.

nuke 18:25 20 Mar 2006

Thank you very much spuds (very helpful as always) and others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?