Empire total war - min system requirements

athertpa 11:53 18 Mar 2009

Hi,

I am looking to purchase empire total war, min system requirements say 2.4ghz processor, I have an AMD Athlon 3400+ with 2.2 ghz.

Can anyone see me having any serious issues with this?

I am in the process of upgrading my graphics card just for this game!!!

Graphicool1 14:01 18 Mar 2009

From what I've read regarding this game and the Minimum Requirements. They only apply if you're happy to pay around £40 for a game to run at a snails pace, with bad graphics. Then you'll be back here asking us why your Pc isn't playing the game whe way you thought it would! click here

Why wont it work 14:30 18 Mar 2009

I have Empire TW and it's a really good game- I love the naval battles, nothing better than a broadside with a 1st rate ship of the line (unless you're on the receiving end...).

My pc has an Core 2 Duo 3.16ghz, 8gb RAM, and a Radeon 4870 512mb and it runs okay on medium high-settings. There are some slow downs, and in big battles trying to speed up battles just doesn't work. The game is also a bit buggy... keeps crashing when I click on one of my fleets, hopefully it'll be sorted with a patch.

I think that a single core processor would struggle at only 2.2ghz to be honest, especially considering that the game can make use of dual core from what I have read.

Graphicool1 15:42 18 Mar 2009

I didn't say it wouldn't work. But it probably won't work to your satisfaction. If you think it will, good luck to you.

citadel 16:18 18 Mar 2009

you need a decent card 4850 if possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?