Emails suddenly stopped working

Akinbiyi 22:33 25 Oct 2006

I have used BT Broadband for several years without problems. We have 3 PC's connected to the router. Two of them use Outlook for email. At the same time this afternoon, on send/receive, both started asking for user name and password on our btinternet.com accounts. I have several different sub-accounts and the same problem with all of them. I tried Outlook Express and Eudora and went to a friend's house and tried Outlook Express from there. Same problem, every time. I can access any of the accounts through webmail, but that's not very convenient for my business...

I've spent several hours on the phone to BT Broadband's helpline. They insist that it is a problem with my software, despite me pointing out I have tried on 3 different computers, using 3 different mail programs and 4 different email addresses.

I then tried a free POP3 email account with Bluebottle.com and still got the problem. I really can't see where the problems lies.

Help!

Technotiger 22:46 25 Oct 2006

Hi, is this any help -

click here

Akinbiyi 00:03 26 Oct 2006

I ran system checker and Outlook then started working again. I don't understand why and don't have great faith that it won't stop tomorrow. But thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017