Hi
I am steadily receiving emails with the following snail mail address appended
--------------------------------------
Plaza Neptuno, local #7
Via ricardo J Alfaro, Tumba Muerto
Panama Ciudad
Republica de Panama
---------------------------------------

Offering upgrades to various programs including a link to "Earth 2008" (No mention of Google), they all end up asking for payment, I have blocked the various domains but they are still sneaking past, I now always delete without opening (thay are at least sent to McAfee Anti Spam folder).

Is this company a problem likely to be 'phishing', I am not even tempted to go the the link which offers to cease the emails.

Halmer 12:56 15 Aug 2008

Can't you set up a message filter to dump anything with 'Neptuno' in the title or subject etc?

Yep I get these low life sob´s sending me their friendly emails ; like a fool I had been going to the link & requesting a deletion from their impositions . That only confirmed that I was at ´home´- definately will not do that again !
Life may be tough in central america but get off my space , bastards !
Regards , one peaceful older English gentleman .
By the way there is an old Turkish proverb , hit an Englishman once & he will smile , hit him twice & he may still smile but hit him a third time --- watch out !
As previously regards & go in peace .

whittsat3 21:10 28 Jan 2009

HI Unfortunately I too have become invaded by messages from the suspect mailer.  My service provider could not help, but I had a new Norton Antivirus disc to install so I gave that a try.  One of the emails I received previously then seemed to give more detailed content which was from [email protected] I put this in the rules and alerts as delete when received and I havent had another email today.  My anti virus also told me after a scan today that I had 47 tracker cookies on my laptop, which I then repaired. Hopefully this is now the end of it. I previously had Mcafe on my laptop but this did not detect the tracker cookies.

Hope this helps, give it a try

Snider Sensable 18:18 17 Apr 2009

Google is responsable for providing personal information to spammers and who knows who else. I get email from Plaza Nepture and others sent with email adresses I use ONLY to specific web sites. I logged on to download Google Earth and started receiving spam that proves Google is providing my email address to others for the purpose of scamming SPAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone