Emails fro BT to Outlook

Wrinkly70 13:56 18 Mar 2009

I want to get all the emails from BTInternet and transfer them to Outlook.

Forum Editor 17:41 18 Mar 2009

Create an accoiunt in Outlook, and enter your BT server settings, and your username and password.

BT will require you to authenticate on the SMTP server in order to send mail via Outlook, and if you're not sure how to do that let us know and one of us will step you through the Outlook settings.

Wrinkly70 19:43 18 Mar 2009

Thank you FE
I had already set up the account in Outlook 2007, which automatically finds the servers and other settings e.g. authentication.
I did not make myself clear; I want to pull down all the old emails and sent items.

emily3543 06:55 19 Mar 2009

configure your account in outlook and get all your mail.here you would got only those mail which are in your webmail account's inbox.

mgmcc 11:28 19 Mar 2009

>>> I want to pull down all the old emails and sent items.

Depending on how your email is set up, and which program you've been using, the "historical" messages are probably saved within your old program's data. Incoming mail *MAY* be on the ISP's server if you configured your POP3 settings to "leave messages on the server", otherwise they are not there for Outlook to retrieve. Outgoing SMTP servers don't retain messages for you to recover.

However, Outlook does have an "Import and Export" option in its "File" menu. Run that and see if it can import your existing messages from your old email program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone