emails disappear into thin air!

festor2300 21:16 01 Sep 2004

Every time i receive an email, outlook will tell me that i have that email in my inbox but as soon as i open it the email will instantly disappear. There is no trace of it and the inbox will say its empty.

Its the same with sending, I have tried virus scanning with updated virus scanners and software but nothing is ever found. This has been going on for 6 months but nobody knows anything about it!! PLEASE HELP

My email account is with telewest blueyonder but i am now using hotmail as an alternative (not via outlook obviously)

VoG II 21:45 01 Sep 2004

Is this Outlook or Outlook Express and what version? Have you set-up any rules?

festor2300 22:41 01 Sep 2004

Its outlook express version 6, I have not set any rules or altered anything. All I do is read my mail and send mail and thats it. It just started happening on its own, its a real puzzle! and very frustrating. Any help would be very much apprieciated.

festor2300 22:41 01 Sep 2004

Its outlook express version 6, I have not set any rules or altered anything. All I do is read my mail and send mail and thats it. It just started happening on its own, its a real puzzle! and very frustrating. Any help would be very much apprieciated.

VoG II 22:57 01 Sep 2004

Look in Tools/Message Rules/Mail and make sure that a rule has not been set by accident.

"but i am now using hotmail as an alternative (not via outlook obviously)" - does the same thing happen if you set up OE to read your Hotmail messages?

festor2300 20:09 03 Sep 2004

looked in tools/message rules/mail and no rules have been set.

I set up oe to read hotmail messages. After i did this all my unread messages were there and I was able to read them as normal. I sent myself a message via another hotmail account and it arrived and I could read that too no problem.

So it must be a problem with my blueyonder email.
Any ideas?

Thanks for your input so far!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)