E.Mails

ronlin 21:35 23 Sep 2007

How do i retrieve my e.mails from someone elses computer please ?

skidzy 21:41 23 Sep 2007
  octal 21:42 23 Sep 2007

The emails are kept on an SMTP server and the computer collects them from there, so you need to collect the emails from there not from someone else's computer. If you get permission from the other person you can probably retrieve the emails from via the web mail.

FreeCell 21:45 23 Sep 2007

Perhaps a bit more information would allow us to help on this one.

Do you mean emails sent to you that are on someone else's PC or emails you have sent and wish you hadn't.

If the former: What email program are the emails in? Outlook Express? Are they mixed in with someone elses emails or do you want all the emails? Are you transfering them to another PC? With another email address? if so what email program? There is usually an Export function that you can use to copy them to a detachable device such as USB stick or CD. Then Import to new PC.

ronlin 22:29 23 Sep 2007

I often want to check e mails on my home computer when at work , skidzy may have the answer tanks.

skidzy 22:42 23 Sep 2007

Make sure you check your email client settings before accessing your mail online.

For example,if you read your mail online without leaving a copy on the server....you may not receive that email in your email client.

Basically,check your client settings to leave a copy on the server for (x) amount of days.

skidzy 22:44 23 Sep 2007

PS
You will not be checking whats on the home computer,you will be checking the email account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?