emails

gmpy 10:10 09 Mar 2007

Hi do any of the host of experts out there know what has happened to my mail? the last two email (from a friend) Keep comeing up as though he keeps sending the same emails, just his,they appear as soon as I open Outlook Express,I delet them but the next time I open Outlook Express up they pop!!
de George

VoG II 10:17 09 Mar 2007

Tools > Accounts > Properties > Advanced, make sure Leave a copy of messages on server is unticked.

gmpy 12:52 09 Mar 2007

hi OK did that the box was unticked aany more ideas ???
PS Thanks

Technotiger 14:00 09 Mar 2007

This is copied from another Forum which answered a similar problem .. this solution is from the MVP Outlook Express.

It's possible that the Deleted Items.dbx (and perhaps the Inbox.dbx) file in the current message store folder are corrupted. To solve this problem, move all messages out of those folders into one created just to contain them, then close Outlook Express and find both Deleted Items.dbx and Inbox.dbx and delete them. When Outlook Express is next started, it will create new and
uncorrupted copies of those dbx files. This can happen if large quantities of messages are routinely "stored" in those folders and the default folders should not be used for archival storage since they are the folders most often written to, deleted from, etc., thereby becoming the prime candidates for file corruption. Archival messages should always be moved to folders created just for archival purposes. Many users store all incoming messages in folder created for the year and month, i.e., Jan 2004, Feb 2004, etc., and I suggest that to anyone after fixing the problem. Good luck.
--

gmpy 15:24 09 Mar 2007

OK guys sorry can you go to my new listing as I bo booood the instructions george

gmpy 17:13 09 Mar 2007

Sorry for the confusion
What dos all this mean I am a very old Idiot
"To solve this problem, move all messages out of those folders into one created just to contain them, then close Outlook Express and find both Deleted Items.dbx and Inbox.dbx and delete them. When Outlook Express is next started,"

Robbo99 16:02 23 Oct 2007

I have a folder called robbo that receives my eMail. I have stupidly deleted the whole folder.
Can I rcover it intact

bluto1 22:07 23 Oct 2007

I wonder if gmpy, way back in March 07 ever solved this hijacked post?

bluto1 23:04 23 Oct 2007

I meant my remarks in a light hearted way, not intended to upset you or anyone else (:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?