email+network+

duck1 20:57 16 Aug 2003

i am running xp i have a broadband connection optusnet which is an australian isp,my email settings on the guest computer are identical to the ones on my host computer but i still cant access email on guest computer have no problems with host computer,any help no matter how big or how small it may be will be of great help in my time of need .CHEERS darrell

duck1 21:00 16 Aug 2003

i may not be able to reply straight away as i am on the guest computer while the wife is asleep i will reply asap thanks

duck1 21:20 16 Aug 2003

i am useing outlook xppress if that helps anyone

SEASHANTY 21:34 16 Aug 2003

I think you have answered your own question duck 1.
Despite having your e-mail settings the same on both
computers you would probably not wish a GUEST to read YOUR emails. Maybe your ISP webmail server recognises this and is preventing your mail being accessed on the GUEST computer. Try configuring them both in your name and see if that helps.

recap 21:37 16 Aug 2003

If you have logged on as yourself on the network and the Internet account and it still doesn't work then you may need to write a script for it?

recap 21:46 16 Aug 2003

Sorry duck 1 scripting may not work as I have jusr realised that you are on about an ISP account and not OE. If you are trying to set it up in OE, why not just log in to the site itself?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache