emailing scanned document problem

Duncanf 13:39 28 Apr 2010

I wanted to scan an old document and send a copy via e-mail but I'm struggling to find how to reduce the scanned file to a sendable size. Is there a simple way to reduce the file size and still make it readable? Thanks in anticipation.
I'm using Windows XP Pro and a Xerox Scanner.

northumbria61 14:21 28 Apr 2010

When you have scanned your document and saved it to your computer you should be able to right click on it and select "Send to - Email recipient" which should then give you a drop down list of what size to send the file/picture/document etc.

ame 14:29 28 Apr 2010

As per northumbria61's advice, in XP you can choose the size by clicking on link in the box that opens where it says "show more options" at the bottom left hand corner.

Duncanf 14:46 28 Apr 2010

Thanks for replies. I saved the scanned doc as a Word doc but right clocking on it doesn't reveal any of the options you mention just, Cut, copy, paste, Picture Object, Show Picture Toolbar, Borders and Shading, Caption, Format Object and Hyperlink. Am I on wrong place?

Duncanf 14:47 28 Apr 2010

...sorry....clicking!

wiz-king 14:55 28 Apr 2010

If it's a black and white document set your scanner to scan at 300 DPI and save it as a .jpg picture then send that as an attachment.

ame 14:55 28 Apr 2010

You need to save it as a picture - e.g. jpeg format.

Duncanf 15:05 28 Apr 2010

Thank you all! Didn't realise it had to be a jpeg! Problem solved and e-mail successfully sent!
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache