Emailing Photo problems with attached website imag

kingussie 09:02 06 Jan 2009

When I email a photo or photos a whole bunch of other images from viewed websites seems to go along with the photo I sent. How does this happen and how do I stop it. At the bottom of the photo a bar appears with every image that has been viewed on any website that I have visited. It also happens if someone sends me a photo,but does not have their website viewing but mine

Technotiger 09:24 06 Jan 2009

Looks as if you have been hit with Malware of some sort. You should run SuperAntiSpyware as a precaution.

kingussie 12:10 06 Jan 2009

I downloaded Super Anti spyware bbut although it found some malaware I still have the same problem. I have Picasa photo storage and it seems to use that to display the photos of websites

kingussie 12:20 06 Jan 2009

Incidentally after running SuperAntiSpyware all my Picasa files have disappeared and Picasa is no Longer on my start or file menu

kingussie 12:23 06 Jan 2009

It now does the same when I open Microsoft Picture manager. I sent a photo to my own email address and it came with a slide show of all the websites I had been on today....what is going on please.

Technotiger 16:19 06 Jan 2009

Hmm, I have not heard of anything like this before, which is why I suggested that it is possibly caused by Malware.

How long has this been going on? Perhaps a System Restore back to before this started might be the answer.

kingussie 08:23 07 Jan 2009

No has been going on for months,incidentally what happened to PC Advisor yesterday. I could not get on the site. ?

Technotiger 08:46 07 Jan 2009

So, not Malware, System Restore not available, next thing to try is run Ccleaner (in its default settings), possibly a glitch in the registry.

Yes PCA site was/is, having problems at the moment, there is another thread on the go at the moment in Helproom.

kingussie 08:53 07 Jan 2009

funny was just thinking of CC and was about to run it when your thread came in thks

kingussie 09:21 07 Jan 2009

CC cleared out the temp file pictures leaving just one Avtar but I know as soon as I browse the web they will be there again...any other options

Technotiger 09:33 07 Jan 2009

Next step - maybe try a Repair/Update of your email program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?