Emailing JPEGS

oo7juk 14:13 16 Aug 2007

Hi,

I have outlook express and I am trying to send some jpegs, but it's taking forever. Any ideas who I can speed up the process, thanks.

MichelleC 14:26 16 Aug 2007

This tells you how click here

wee eddie 14:28 16 Aug 2007

If you're trying to send a couple of MB's you're unlikely to be popular with any friends on Dial-up either.

hssutton 14:36 16 Aug 2007

If you're not into the editing of photographs you will find Picasa a very big help as this program apart from locating all your images also has a nifty little email reduction section. This program automatically reduces the file size and attaches them to an email ready for you to address and send. click here

As a bonus it's also freeware

Stuartli 14:47 16 Aug 2007

If you are sending a .jpeg file, by right clicking on it and selecting Send To>Mail to Recipient, you can choose if you wish to make the file(s) smaller.

To ensure that you have the choice if it doesn't appear, go to:

click here

and download the Power Toys Image Resizer.

oo7juk 15:24 16 Aug 2007

Still taking forever, is the way to go web albums.

Just purchased a digital camera and sending jpegs seems like a nightmare.

Didn't think it would be so difficult.

Must be an easier way rather than sending individual files.

Noels 15:32 16 Aug 2007

It shouldn't be a problem at all. Try redicing print size to 6"x4" and resolution to 72 pixels/inch. Then "Save As" give it a name.
Open up OE and send as an attachment.Bingo!
Hope this works for you.
Regards Noels

Marko797 15:37 16 Aug 2007

Have you tried msn or livemail at all? On there u can upload to a sharing folder, from which the person u want to send them to (your contact), can access and dl at his/her leisure. Works very well & saves u emailing them. He/she will also need an msn/livemail a/c too though.

Technotiger 16:09 16 Aug 2007

I use Incredimail, so I don't know if this works in Outlook Express or any others, but I have on many occasions sent and received folders containing as many as 100 jpeg photo's at one go and which only took a minute or so.

Make a new Folder and place jpegs into it. Then right-click on Folder containing jpegs, then on 'Send to' then left-click on Compressed (Zipped) Folder.

The zipped folder then automatically appears in the My Pictures folder. I then compose email in normal way and attach my new zipped folder. Recipient simply has to click on zipped folder to open it.

frenchman96 16:19 16 Aug 2007

oo7juk

There are several solutions, how many are you trying to send?

1--If you download/install Irfanview (click here) which is free, you can reduce all your pics in one go and it takes minutes.

2--Like Stuartl said, and depending how many, hilite the pics/r/click/send to/mail recipient and it asks if you want to make smaller.

3--You moan about JPEGS but that is best format to send.

4--If you get stuck, you can PM me.

oo7juk 00:05 17 Aug 2007

Thanks for all your advice. I went into the accounts option within OE and selected break messages, that done the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?