Emailing 20 or more recipients at one time

Nagpur 16:35 25 Feb 2008

My Internet Service Provider is Orange and I have a single home based computer using WindowsXP and Outlook Express. I regularly need to email the same notice to more than 20 recipients. Orange allows me to email up to 19 recipients at one time, but always blocks my sending an email to 20 or more recipients at one time. So to date, rather tediously, I have had to send the same email twice in two batches both of 19 or fewer recipients.
Incidentally I am not sending "spam" but rather meeting notices to specific members of various societies, whose email addresses I have legitimately.
Is there any free software available to download so that I can send the same email to, say, up to 50 recipients at one time without Orange baulking at my doing so and refusing to accept my email?

Clapton is God 16:52 25 Feb 2008

I think that rather than looking for a program which will allow you to e-mail 20+ people, you should be looking for a new ISP which doesn't impose such ridiculous limits.

Nagpur 17:57 25 Feb 2008

When I read all the highly critical comments in PC Advisor Forums and in the national press of certain ISPs namely AOL, Tiscali, Virgin and TalkTalk, I think I would prefer to stay with the devil I know rather then jump ship from Orange which, despite its various shortcomings, (which I won't bore you with by detailing), does seem to be marginally better in this area, (NE25), at present than the above four.

Pamy 17:59 25 Feb 2008

Have you tried entering 19, then CC the others. Will it allow that?

MAJ 17:59 25 Feb 2008

Why don't you set up a Gmail account and use that?

rawprawn 18:08 25 Feb 2008

Ring them tell them the problem, and ask for a migration number (you don't have to use it, but it concentrates their mind incredibly)

MAJ 19:06 25 Feb 2008

To elaborate on my last post. Gmail allows you to send to 500 recipients via the web interface and up to 100 recipients via POP3 and your email client. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone