EMailer cuts off

prince midas 10:29 27 Feb 2006

I have been getting inundated by large size emails from a bloke called Kevin Holt who I do not know and these emails are blocking my machine and taking ages to download. My machine is now working fine on all internet programs apart from outlook express which when i click on emails it shuts down my outlook express immediatly meaning i cannot receive or send emails. Help please.

johnnyrocker 10:30 27 Feb 2006

have a try using webmail to empty any mail you dont need and try again?

johnny.

prince midas 10:35 27 Feb 2006

I do not fully understand what you mean Johnny ?

recap 10:43 27 Feb 2006

click here for an explanation.

click here and download the free spybot S&D program. I would suggest that you do a full deep scan with this. Spybot S&D should pick up any suspicious entries on your system.

jimv7 10:51 27 Feb 2006

Try

click here

or google for error 754

jimv7 10:51 27 Feb 2006

Sorry wrong thread.

prince midas 11:23 27 Feb 2006

Right guys this is what is now happeng so I would appreciate help you may have.

I have no problems with spyware according to Spybot,Microsoft Giant antispyreware or Spyware Doctor.

I can get on net no problem as you can see.

If I type an Email it cuts off as soon as outlook express sends the message .On redialing the message goes and it then cuts me off the net completely.

If you send a message to me I receive it and then it cuts off. I cannot find a spot in outlook express to tell it not to disconnect me and this appears to be the problem now.Surely there should be somewhere where I can tell it not to disconnect me.

johnnyrocker 11:31 27 Feb 2006

tools/options/connection and untick hang up after send/receive.

johnny.

GroupFC 11:31 27 Feb 2006

Have a look in OE tools>options>connection and make sure there is no check mark in "hang up after sending and receiving".

GroupFC 11:32 27 Feb 2006

Great minds think alike -LOL!!

johnnyrocker 11:36 27 Feb 2006

indeedy guv

johnny;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone