Email Viruses

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:27 29 Feb 2004

I just had 3 emails all from different people that, i dont know well that arnt in my address book but i may be in theres all with the I-Worm-Netsky virus attached as zip or exe text file AVG found them and put them in the virus vault the only reason i knew they were there is i went to update AVG and noticed the vault had files in,i dont know if i should email back the people any ask if they know they Infected?.

Regards.

Audeal 22:30 29 Feb 2004

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË:
We are all trying to combat this menace so it might be a good idea to let them know they are infected.

AL D. 22:31 29 Feb 2004

if you don't know who they are, i suggest you block and bounce the offending emails.

Rennaissance 22:31 29 Feb 2004

i also recieved a couple with found.exe or found.zip attached to it. Beware of these files.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:34 29 Feb 2004

I didnt know the emails were infected AVG never told me it just delt with them and that was it,im a bit dubious about emailin some one i dont know and saying you got a virus might get a bit mad lol,i dont really want bounce any either cos it might end up somewere else and get passed on again.

Regards.

AL D. 22:46 29 Feb 2004

if you bounce it only goes back to where it was sent from showing you don't exist. like junk postal mail the the post, i always return to sender.because they have to pay postage, They soon stop bothering me.

Audeal 22:47 29 Feb 2004

Can you set your AVG to inform you when you receive a virus. I think that can be turned on/off. Wont help this time but might help should it happen again.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:51 29 Feb 2004

There could be an option some where to let it tell you i know the Resident scan has a pop up but dont know about email scanner im knew to AVG7
and not found all the bells an whistles yet,i deleted the emails so i cant send/bounce them but i will if i get anymore.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone