E:Mail Undeliverable

ol blueeyes 11:34 07 Jan 2010

Never come across this before using Microsoft Outlook 2010 Beta. Suddenly occured when i try to send an E:Mail it comes straight back with a message from System Administrator ""Server error 550 RCPT Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH'

Can anyone tell me what to do ?

Thanks in advance

Graphicool1 12:05 07 Jan 2010

You need to enable SMTP authentication in your email client. Then, for username and password for your outgoing (SMTP) server, enter your email address and password for your secondary O2 account.

Graphicool1 12:08 07 Jan 2010

'O2' or whoever your account is with.

ol blueeyes 12:11 07 Jan 2010

Did that when I first set up E:Mail originally.

Sea Urchin 12:18 07 Jan 2010

Have you checked that the My Server Requires Authentication box in account properties is still ticked? If it is try unticking it - Apply and OK. Then go back and tick it - Apply and OK.

Woolwell 12:24 07 Jan 2010

It may be one address only. Can you send to others?

woodchip 12:31 07 Jan 2010

Also though it does not say the Mail Receiver Mail box may no have enough room in it and his AV may be stopping it if its got any kind of attachment

Sea Urchin 12:36 07 Jan 2010

As Woolwell implies there are many reasons why you could get the SMTP 550 error - see attached list of errors. But the message you are getting seems to say that your O/G server needs authenticating and it's not detecting that - you haven't said which ISP you use.

click here

ol blueeyes 14:38 07 Jan 2010

All OK now seems the receiver had a problem they use Virgin Media and it seems Virgin had a temporary Problem. So I had to do nothing.

Just shows we do need the telephone on occaisons.

Thanks for help anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?