Email transfer from old to new PC

ginty 14:23 13 Jan 2005

I have tried to transfer all my store received
Emails from my old pc to my new pc but it does not transfer the date received I am doing something wrong or can import export not do this.
Is there any way to do it so I have a complete history of my emails that I want to keep.
I use XP on both machines and Outlook 2003

Earthworm 14:48 13 Jan 2005

if you go to the microsoft website click here and type in outlook 2003 a list of downloads will appear. click on the Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup file and install it and then open outlook and open file>backup and then save back up. on your new computer install the Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup then import back up save into new computer, then File> backup>open backup and it will import e-mails

Ceemar 16:01 13 Jan 2005

Earthworm's right, best Outlook backup going. It creates a .pst file, you can either set it to Zip drive, if fitted, or create a folder on your harddrive & then burn to CDRW. After installation on your new system open Outlook (ensuring that you've first installed Personal Folders Backup)click on File select Backup then restore & off you go all done! If you don't have much space it's best to compact Outlook files first; Go to, Tools/Options/Maintenance/Clean Up Now/Compact.
:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?