Email stuck in the inbox

560 13:50 18 May 2007

Does anyone know how to remove an email that is stuck in the inbox of outlook. It is a simple one word (Test) test mail that was sent as a REPLY to an original email. But it cannot be opened, moved or deleted! When the heading is selected a window opens with AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED THE MESSAGE CANNOT BE OPENED. The PC is a new Dell using VISTA home premium on TalkTalk and is sending and receiving mail normally.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:54 18 May 2007

Log on to your e-mail on the talktalk web page and delete direct from the server.

560 13:57 18 May 2007

Thanks Fruit Bat I'll give it a go.

560 19:50 28 May 2007

Sorry about the delay in reporting results. The problem is with a friends PC and I can't access it as required. The Email is not on the SERVER it is stuck in the inbox of VISTA,s mail. TalkTalk can't shift it so suggest we contact MS for help.

lotvic 21:46 28 May 2007

found this for you click here
quote""Did some more research (thank you, Google) and found out (from Microsoft's own website -- imagine that!) that if you click on a corrupt (or infected) email once to select it, and then hold down the Shift key and the Delete key on your keyboard, it will permanently delete the email message. I tried it -- it worked. Problem solved!
Link to problem-solving article here: click here ""endquote

560 19:16 31 May 2007

Hello again. Sorry lotvic but I tried your fix and I'm afraid it didn't work. Apparently there are thousands with the same problem. There seems to be a bug in VISTA mail The windows communities help forum is full of reports of stuck emails! Thanks for trying.

560 21:11 10 Jun 2007

Thanks to all who tried to help. It seems we are stuck with it until MS get their didgit out so I'll close the thread. Cheers all.

skidzy 21:30 10 Jun 2007

Something to try,no promises though.

Open windows mail and select file and work offline.

If prompted hangup the modem,select no.

Then goto the sent items folder and delete (if possible) the problem email.

Then goto the inbox folder and try to delete from there also.

Now goto tools send and receive and select your isp client,this should be listed as default.

click this,now it will ask if you wish to go online...say yes.

Now check to see if the email has gone or can be deleted.

I had a similar problem recently and this cured it for me.

Though i still have an issue with Windows Mail being so slow to open or deleting any messages.This is due to a MS update.
I know i can remove this update,but im sitting and waiting for the fix.

skidzy 21:30 10 Jun 2007

Something to try,no promises though.

Open windows mail and select file and work offline.

If prompted hangup the modem,select no.

Then goto the sent items folder and delete (if possible) the problem email.

Then goto the inbox folder and try to delete from there also.

Now goto tools send and receive and select your isp client,this should be listed as default.

click this,now it will ask if you wish to go online...say yes.

Now check to see if the email has gone or can be deleted.

I had a similar problem recently and this cured it for me.

Though i still have an issue with Windows Mail being so slow to open or deleting any messages.This is due to a MS update.
I know i can remove this update,but im sitting and waiting for the fix.

SANTOS7 21:35 10 Jun 2007

click here
this may help,good luck..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?