email slow opening

ponytail 17:36 29 Jun 2010

When I try to open my email account it is very slow and down in the bottom corner is something I have not seen before see link what is it and how do I get rid of it.

click here

johnnyrocker 20:15 29 Jun 2010

not enough info?

johnny

Terry Brown 21:01 29 Jun 2010

If you have recently upgraded to IE8, there is a PHISHING filter, which checks your Email before it loads, this can slow down the download time, and as far as I know you cannot turn it off.

Terry

northumbria61 21:56 29 Jun 2010

I strongly recommend that you use the Phishing Filter in Internet Explorer 7 or the SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer 8 to protect your personal and financial information.

Windows Internet Explorer 8

To turn the SmartScreen Filter on or off, follow these steps:
Start Window Internet Explorer 8.
On the Safety menu, point to SmartScreen Filter, and then click one of the following:
Turn On SmartScreen Filter
Turn Off SmartScreen Filter
In the Microsoft SmartScreen Filter dialog box, click one of the following, and then click OK:
Turn on SmartScreen Filter (recommended)
Turn off SmartScreen Filter
For more information about the SmartScreen Filter, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
click here (click here)
Windows Internet Explorer 7

To turn the Phishing Filter on or off, follow these steps:
Start Windows Internet Explorer 7.
On the Tools menu, point to Phishing Filer, and then click Turn On Automatic Website Checking or Turn Off Automatic Website Checking.
Confirm the selection, and then click OK.

Sea Urchin 22:28 29 Jun 2010

I don't think ponytail is referring to the Phishing filter - but as johnnyrocker says in the absence of fuller information it's difficult to know. The link refers to s.yimg.com appearing in the taskbar and seems to be related to Yahoo Mail - see this:

click here

Ponytail - do you use Yahoo Mail, and if so do you use it as web-based mail or through an email client such as Outlook or Windows Mail?

northumbria61 23:37 29 Jun 2010

Confusing !! We all need to know MORE ponytail to enable someone to help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?