Email Raw Files

Tony W. 18:58 09 Dec 2009

I am trying to email three 10mb Raw files.

The email page says that they are in the process of being sent but after about ten minutes it stops and a message appears saying unable to send files.

Can anybody suggest a way that this can be done.

Thanks.

grey george 19:29 09 Dec 2009

Are these attachments or are the pages themselves 10 mb? Are you sure it's not the recipient blocking the large files? If attachments you could compress them in to a zip file, what the files actually are will determine how much smaller they will become.

wee eddie 19:42 09 Dec 2009

such large files.

It might work by trying to send 1 at a time.

Tony W. 19:43 09 Dec 2009

Grey george

Thank you.

They are attachments.

Sorry can you explain how I can compress them into a Zip file.

Thanks

GaT7 19:44 09 Dec 2009

Another option is to use one of the several free sites that will allow you to send large files click here. G

mgmcc 19:46 09 Dec 2009

Use a service such as "YouSendIt" click here to send the files. Some ISPs have an attachment limit as little as 3MB, so trying to send 10MB files is very likely to run into problems.

Tony W. 19:53 09 Dec 2009

wee eddie

Thank you. It took a long time but I was eventually able as you suggested to successfully send one single raw file.

These 3 are just the beginning so it looks as though in future each one will have to emailed separately.

Thanks.

grey george 19:54 09 Dec 2009

Right click on the file and select send to, then choose zipped folder from the menu that appears you will then have a chance to change the name of the folder. It's probably easier to make a folder for each file. Then attach the folders to a new email.

Tony W. 19:55 09 Dec 2009

mgmcc

Thanks for your suggestion and link I will also give that method a try.

Tony.

Tony W. 20:05 09 Dec 2009

grey george

Thank you that's very useful information for future reference.

crossbow7.

Another excellent link thank you which looks like the best option.

Thanks to all those who replied I very much appreciate your help and assistance.

Tony.

wee eddie 21:06 09 Dec 2009

Your Upload speed will be very slow in comparison to your Download speed, so wherever you put them it will take time.

Typical Speeds: Download - 2Mbps. Upload - 256kbps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?