Email provider

Dannyb 16:40 06 Oct 2006

I work for a small charity and have an email address which now has a few thousand messages in it. I am told that Outlook Express may crash with so many messages. Can anybody advise an alternative which can carry as many emails as I want to put in it. Would Thunderbird deal with them better? If not, what would? I didn't like Outlook.
Thanks.

amonra 16:49 06 Oct 2006

GMail ???

Technotiger 17:40 06 Oct 2006

Hi, I suggest you try Incredimail (Free to download) - I use it all the time cos I don't like Outlook either. click here

Cheers.

Diodorus Siculus 17:49 06 Oct 2006

I'd go with Thunderbird as it is free for anyone to use and will allow you to create numerous folders etc for filtering mail.

Jackcoms 20:50 06 Oct 2006

"an email address which now has a few thousand messages in it."

Why do you need to keep so many e-mails?

birdface 21:09 06 Oct 2006

I am with Incredimail,And get warnings that mail box is nearly full, And that is with 20 e-mails in it,May not be what danny.b is looking for

Fingees 21:16 06 Oct 2006

Why do you have to keep so many messages on the server?

Why not just download them to hard drive, and have them automatically erased on the server as normal?

If it's really necessary, Gmail. or Googlemail as it's now known in England, allows 2Gb of storage on their server.

Technotiger 21:20 06 Oct 2006

Hi, I have used Incredimail almost since it was first introduced - never had any such message, and have hundreds of emails stored in approx 47 folders, with no problems.

Cheers.

birdface 09:54 07 Oct 2006

Stand corrected, Did not know you could store messages in so many folders,So Ignore my previous comments about incredimail,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?