Email problems again.

Europa 17:51 30 Mar 2006

I had problems a while ago with my 2 emails set in Outlook Express, so I deleted an account and now I only got one account set up in Outlook Express.
It worked for a while but tonight I cannot retrieve my emails with this account neither.
This is what it says :
The server responded with an error. Account:Plusnet.Server:'mail.plus.net' Protocol:POP3, Server response:ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server. Cannot connect to the mail server! Port:110, Secure(SSL):no,Server Error:Ox800CCC90
Error Number Ox800CCC90
Can someone tells me what's the meaning of this error and how to repair the fault?
Thank you.

VoG II 18:28 30 Mar 2006

There seems to be a problem with PlusNet e-mail click here

Europa 19:46 30 Mar 2006

Thank you VoG, I thought it was my settings that were messed up again, and the error message mention AVG, so I thought the fault was on my side.

terryf 13:25 31 Mar 2006

For the future, there is the facility to export email accounts, say to the desktop, and then import them again for example if you are fault-finding, click on the account and them 'export' and reverse by clicking on import. I found this useful when I had 2 accounts and couldn't decide which one was causing the problem

Europa 18:33 05 Apr 2006

Thanks terryf, I will keep that in mind if the problem occurs again in the future.

R.C.M. 20:53 29 Jul 2006

Having lost important emails I decided to download Acubix PicoBackup Outlook Express Edition. I have it up and working except for the email notification, it fails to send a test email because I have not entered the port number.

I have look at my email account but I can't find the port number? Can anyone tell me how to find this port number please. Or even suggest another back-up program which will save my email folders.

Many thanks.

R.C.M. 20:56 29 Jul 2006

I'm very sorry for posting on the wrong thread - I meant to start another thread - I'm a daft numptie - sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?