email Problems

dewskit 10:52 15 Feb 2009

I have a blind friend living in Cornwall with who I regularly exchange emails. Over the past few weeks he has not been receiving emails I send him. Initially we thought this was only ones where I had used the 'reply to' feature instead of a bew nessgae. However, further testing has shown this is not necessarily so. If I 'forward' emails to him he usually receives them.
Other incoming messages are getting through normally (at least as far as he is aware)
The only other thing he has noticed is that his outgoing measges do not always appear in his 'sent' folder, although the running tally increases correctly.
HP Computer running XP with SP2, AVG 7.5.
ISP is Madasafish using Outlook Express.
Anyone got any ideas please?

dewskit 11:49 15 Feb 2009

I have a blind friend living in Cornwall with whom I regularly exchange emails. Over the past few weeks he has not been receiving emails I send him. Initially we thought this was only ones where I had used the 'reply to' feature instead of a new nessage. However, further testing has shown this is not necessarily so. If I 'forward' emails to him he usually receives them.
Other incoming messages are getting through normally (at least as far as he is aware)
The only other thing he has noticed is that his outgoing measges do not always appear in his 'sent' folder, although the running tally increases correctly.
HP Computer running XP with SP2, AVG 7.5.
ISP is Madasafish using Outlook Express.
Anyone got any ideas please?

howard64 11:52 15 Feb 2009

sometimes an isp gets blacklisted or blacklists certain email clients. The isp usually can advise if anything is blocking a line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone