Email Problem -Outlook Express Hotmail Incredimail

qwaszz 14:55 06 Feb 2005

I have been running 3 Hotmail accounts in OE quite happily for over a year then suddenly started having major problems, I then realised that MSN and stopped Hotmail working with OE unless you paid them lots of money!! Looking around on this forum I came across Incredimail, I have downloaded this and it looks quite good but I am unable to send emails, (I think incredimail should work with Hotmail?) looking through thier FAQ I think it might be something to do with the outgoing SMPT address but not sure, should this address be the Hotmail address or my ISP (NTL) address? Or am I barking up the wrong tree and it's something completely different?? Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks Nygel

taffyal 16:16 06 Feb 2005

I've been using Foxmail for months to get Hotmail. sadly, its gone wierd recently. May just be my PC- perhaps worth a try? Al.

Diodorus Siculus 16:18 06 Feb 2005

Generally speaking, the smtp server should be that of your ISP.

bertiecharlie 17:02 06 Feb 2005

It seems you would have to pay to use your Hotmail address with Incredimail click here

octal 17:17 06 Feb 2005

FreePops will allow you to continue to download your Hotmail accounts using OE or any other email client. It works on any free webmail site.

click here

I use it on one Hotmail and two Lycos accounts and it works very well indeed. Also its easy to set up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie