email problem

bigray 14:19 06 Dec 2003

I run win xp pro, friend & I can both recieve & send emails but she
cannot recieve from me, when I send or reply to her emails I get the mail back ( The original message was received at Sat, 6 Dec 2003 06:25:46 GMT
from bb-md1.onetel.net.uk [212.67.120.193]

----- The following addresses had permanent delivery errors -----
her email.net )

even though I sent the message her email .com
when she was with AOL we had no problem & that was a dot com email, can any one help, onetel cant help, if it is my pc, does any one know what could be wrong, some one said I need .net ectensions, whatever that is.

Diodorus Siculus 14:26 06 Dec 2003

It sounds as if you have the incorrect email address: give details of her ISP and the format of her address - eg [email protected]

It may be isp.com /.net /.co.uk / .org (unlikely though).

If you tell us the name of her ISP, someone may be able to tell the format the address should be.

recap 14:30 06 Dec 2003

Do a Reply to one of her emails to see if it get's sent. If it does then just copy and paster her address into your address book.

Diodorus Siculus 14:32 06 Dec 2003

I read your post again: it seems that her ISP is onetel so the email address should be something like:

[email protected]

If that is not the format in use now, give it a try.

bigray 14:37 06 Dec 2003

many thanks Diodorus Siculus & recap we are both on onetel, her email ends in dot com, mine in dot net, even if I reply to her email it comes back with same message all settings are correct on both machines ( I set hers up )onetel have checked both machines over the phone,

recap 14:48 06 Dec 2003

Try setting up a new account to see if you get a .com address.

bigray 14:53 06 Dec 2003

tried that

recap 14:59 06 Dec 2003

Is there any error code numbers within the body of the error message?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache