Email Problem 0x800ccc0e

Steve A 09:39 30 Jun 2007

Hi,
I saw in this month's magazine that Adrian Boyson had a problem with his Orange Broadband sending emails in both Outlook and Outlook Express. I too had this problem and appear to have got around the situation so thought I should put a post up to hopefully help others with the problem.

I phoned Orange on a couple occasions and each time they told me to check the connections/log in info, which were all correct. So they said it must be an outlook/outlook express problem, reinstall it. I did this and the problem wasn't solved and I'm not prepared to pay rediculous prices to speak to the Microsoft helpline like Orange told me to.

I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird to see if it was happening with this and touch wood, two weeks in and I've been able to send email every time. So I think the problem is with Outlook/Outlook Express as the Orange helpdesk says, but if you can use another system your problems should be resolved.

Hope that this has helped.

Steve

p;3 11:10 30 Jun 2007

you may wish to read

click here and add a contribution to it perhaps?

also have a nose in

click here

if YOU have found A solution that those on there have not?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?