email outlook express

yapstan 23:52 21 Jan 2004

when i click send and recieve in my inbox it says 514 unread but it only downloads 4 but it says recieved 5. When i delete these from my deleted items folder and go back to my inbox click send and recieve again the same 4 emails return and that goes on and on it won't let me get past these 4 messages i get an error Ox800CCCOF can anyone please help

johnnyrocker 00:00 22 Jan 2004

several possibilities you can either delete and recreate a new account which might help, the reason for downloading the same mails again is that the d/load did not finish before, try click here and input your e mail addy and password to manage it from there in case there is a very large mail causing a time out on your outlook express.

johnny,

woodchip 00:13 22 Jan 2004

Get MailWasher and have a look at the Mail on the ISP site you can delete the ones you do not want to download. double click a message to read it

johnnyrocker 00:16 22 Jan 2004

another option, i use mailwasher pro myself.

johnny.

yapstan 00:24 22 Jan 2004

thanks all i will try it out

VCR97 09:16 24 Jan 2004

I had a similar problem (using Freeserve). The support page had a FAQ "Stuck e-mails". This advised opening an FSmail account which allowed me to get at the repeated messages on the server (like Hotmail) and then to zap them. Any use?

Keith S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?