email and office outlook

iqs 19:47 20 Jul 2010

Hi,

I am using Office Outlook 2007 to retrieve my email from my blueyonder email account.

All works well.

When I purchased my iphone,I synced the email program to office outlook.

All works well.

The question,when I retrieve emails form blueyonder to office outlook on my my PC,I cant retrieve the same email to my iphone.Same applies when I download to the iphone first.

Is there a way to retrieve the email/s to both the PC & iphone ?.

Thank you

iqs 19:48 20 Jul 2010

When I purchased my iphone,I synced the email program to my blueyonder account

johnnyrocker 19:51 20 Jul 2010

if i understand you correctly there should be a setting in the e mail a/c to leave a copy on the server and that way it would be available one way or tother

johnny

iqs 20:16 20 Jul 2010

Hi johnnyrocker.

That's what I thought,the original email is left on the server.

I logged into my blueyonder email account,instead of using office outlook.

I have checked all the settings again,POP & IMAP are both enabled.

Cant seem to figure this one out.

Thanks for the advice

BRYNIT 21:34 20 Jul 2010

In outlook go to tools/Account Settings/emails click on the email account select more setting go to the advanced tab and put a tick against leave a copy of message on server.

iqs 09:08 21 Jul 2010

thanks for the tip BRYNIT

iqs 18:56 21 Jul 2010

Hi,
Did as you suggested,but I can not download the same email to another PC.

Thanks

Woolwell 19:21 21 Jul 2010

For viewing e-mails on more then 1 PC and on a smartphone you may well be better off setting the e-mails up as IMAP rather than POP click here
This should allow you to easily see all of the e-mails on every device.
Virgin Media has some odd (too me anyway) settings. It will automatically keep e-mails on the server unless you change their settings through webmail. You can set it up to delete as soon as downloaded, mark as read, archive, etc. Check what your settings are.

Woolwell 19:22 21 Jul 2010

too many o's should be to

BRYNIT 23:06 21 Jul 2010

Blueyonder I think is now part of Virgin media and the web page and email accounts have been changed and redesigned. If you log on to your email account via the Virgin media web page and go to settings forwarding POP/IMAP go down to IMAP and click on the learn more or configuration instructions you may find information that could help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?