Email merge and sending attachments

exdragon 09:17 25 Jul 2007

Some time ago, Taff told me how to send attachments when using email merge with Word and Outlook 2003. I've just tested it on myself and it worked beautifully. However, when I try to do a mass mailing, the messages bypass the Outbox so I can't drag them to the Drafts folder to add the attachment - they get sent when I select Send/Receive manually (luckily I tried it on one other person, who will come home to find about 20 copies in his Inbox)

This is what he told me to do - am I missing something obvious which is stopping me from repeating my first success? I'm tearing my hair out!

First of all turn off the Automatic "Send/Receive" in Outlook. Then, assuming you create the message in Word, go to Tools>Options & on the General Tab select "File Conversion On Open"

Complete the e-mail merge & then go to the Outbox. Select all the messages (Ctrl key + A key) and drag and drop them to the "Drafts" folder. Then select about 20 at a time and open them - ignore the messages about opening them will take .... Then add you attachments. and send the individually which will put them in the Outbox again. Every so often do a Send/Receive.

First of all turn off the Automatic "Send/Receive" in Outlook. Then, assuming you create the message in Word, go to Tools>Options & on the General Tab select "File Conversion On Open"

Complete the e-mail merge & then go to the Outbox. Select all the messages (Ctrl key + A key) and drag and drop them to the "Drafts" folder. Then select about 20 at a time and open them - ignore the messages about opening them will take .... Then add you attachments. and send the individually which will put them in the Outbox again. Every so often do a Send/Receive.

exdragon 09:54 25 Jul 2007

Memo to self - if fiddling with settings, must write down what has been fiddled with!

Taff™ 12:53 25 Jul 2007

Glad to hear it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone