Email merge and attachments

exdragon 17:37 07 May 2007

Hi - does anyone know if it's possible to send an attachment when using email merge?

I'm using Word 2003, but can't see how the attachment works.

The other odd thing happens when I try to select Outlook (2003) as the data source. When I Select Recipients, then choose the Select from Outlook Contacts, followed by the folder I want, no names are shown. If I select the normal Contacts folder, they're all there. I've resorted to creating an Excel list of my chosen names.

Am I missing somehting obvious?

Taff™ 17:55 07 May 2007

No! It`s a nightmare with MS Office because e-mail Merge facility doesn`t allow you to attach a file so you have to do it manually. Stick with Excel as the data source.

First of all turn off the Automatic "Send/Receive" in Outlook. Then, assuming you create the message in Word, go to Tools>Options & on the General Tab select "File Conversion On Open"

Complete the e-mail merge & then go to the Outbox. Select all the messages (Ctrl key + A key) and drag and drop them to the "Drafts" folder. Then select about 20 at a time and open them - ignore the messages about opening them will take .... Then add you attachments. and send the individually which will put them in the Outbox again. Every so often do a Send/Receive.

exdragon 19:54 07 May 2007

Thanks - I felt I was going round in ever decreasing circles. I'll give it a go later - not a good idea now, after a few glasses of the red...!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?