Email manager

R.C.M. 19:58 14 Aug 2006

Does anyone know of the location of a small email manager program suitable for domestic use. I would like to organise my individual emails into individual pigeon holes so therefore I don't need a commercial program.

At the moment I'm using Outlook Express Manager rules and getting a wide range of results, I'm looking for something which I will have confidence in - more in tune with my intelligence [very simple]

Thanks very much.

FelixTCat 20:37 14 Aug 2006

R.C.M.

As good as it gets: click here

Regards,

Felix

R.C.M. 21:11 14 Aug 2006

I have tried this program before and liked it very much but I could not send emails - the message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server localhost failed?

I have just installed the program and again I'm having the same problem.

My Outlook Express can still send and receive emails so I'm not sure how to get the new program to work.

Thanks for your input - I appreciate all the help I can get. Take care

FelixTCat 22:20 14 Aug 2006

R.C.M.,

Not come across that one. Have you set up the outgoing server details correctly?

Regards,

Felix

De Marcus™ 22:26 14 Aug 2006

You could try eprompter from click here

It should pigeon hole your email accounts quite nicely with minimal fuss

or my other favourite of late click here

R.C.M. 22:28 14 Aug 2006

I really don't know what has went wrong - the program needed very little input from me, I did not need to change anything or do anything except agree on a course of actions?

As I have said the OE is still working - why is the SMTP a problem in thunderbird?

I can still send and receive emails in OE?

FelixTCat 22:33 14 Aug 2006

R.C.M.

I'm sorry that you've had a problem.

"why is the SMTP a problem in thunderbird" - can't answer that, because it wasn't for me.

Thunderbird can transfer all your settings from OE. Did you use that procedure?

It's always possible that it threw a wobbly. You could uninstall it and try again.

Regards,

Felix

R.C.M. 22:39 14 Aug 2006

FelixTCat - I have tried to uninstall and re-install and I was careful to follow the instructions but the same problem was evident.

De Marcus - I am following your lead my first impressions was that I like your fist suggestion, will look more into this program.

Thanks very much to both of you for your help.

De Marcus™ 23:25 14 Aug 2006

Both are very good, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed if you try either. Post back if you need help with configuration.

R.C.M. 23:29 14 Aug 2006

Cheers De Marcus - will do

All the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?