Email links to Firefox

Allan RISC OS user 15:11 19 Jun 2008

I seem to have lost the ability to click links in Thunderbird which should launch Firefox and display the relevant site or page.

If firefox is already running then the links appear to be OK.

I have Firefox 3.0 installed which I believe to be the latest version and Thunderbird 2.0.0.14.

I installed the Beta version of Firefox sometime ago and have undated as advised. I also appeared to have version 2.0.0.2 installed and after updating to version 3.0 it was hit and miss which version was being loaded so I removed 2.0.0.2 and since then have lost the link launch as described above, I have re installed 3.0 which appears OK in all other respects.

What have I done, how can I reset Firefox et cetra to get things back to normal?

Help please.

Technotiger 15:52 19 Jun 2008

You may not be able to get things back to 'normal' ... FF3 has differences which make some items not compatible as per the old version. Having tried FF3 I un-installed it and reverted to the previous version, I shall wait until the early 'bugs' have been ironed out before re-installing FF3. There is also a possible security flaw which FF are working on at the moment.

anniesboy 16:21 19 Jun 2008

I have just installed Firefox3 over FFox 2.0.0.14.
I run Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 and mine is OK.
If you get no positive solution on this forum, a post here may help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?