Email letter will not print

swapper 07:20 05 Aug 2009

WinXPPro

I had an email from the USA, it contained a letter from an official, with letterhead etc.

I have tried to print it using a Epson Stylus (normally excellent), but I cannot do so.

The right hand side of the letter will not print, about the last four words of each line.
I have tried everything I know, copy and paste, this copies the text but not the right hand side, and leaves off the letterhead, I have reduced the size of the the letter, tried landscape instead of portrait, but nothing seems to work, the right hand side just will not print.

Any ideas please..

BT 07:26 05 Aug 2009

Is it in the body of the Email or an attachment?

Technotiger 07:29 05 Aug 2009

Try saving the letter in a different Format in Word or in Open Office Org, using the File/Save as option - ie .doc or .txt .... then see if it will print.

golfpro 07:33 05 Aug 2009

There are a few ways to do this you could use "Snapshot" but this has had some bad press recently, I use a free program called "Screen Hunter". click here

Sea Urchin 10:18 05 Aug 2009

Which email program are you using to receive the mail? And BT's question is an important one - is the letter an attachment to the email, or is it the actual body of the email?

BT 07:50 06 Aug 2009

As the letter is from an American source could it be that its formatted to US Letter Paper size which is slightly wider than A4 and could be upsetting the layout.

Sea Urchin 08:14 06 Aug 2009

Good thinking - could well be the problem.

swapper 22:45 06 Aug 2009

BT, thanks but I have tried that, reducing the page by 10%, it printed with a two inch border of the r/h side, wht the text still missing. its frustrating to say the least?

Sea Urchin 23:27 06 Aug 2009

Try setting the Paper Size in your printer box to A4.

lotvic 23:36 06 Aug 2009

Frustrating? yes it is, because you are not telling us what type of file you want help with :[

So is it an attachment? or is it in the body of the Email?
If an attachment what type of file is it? *.jpg *.pdf *.doc or what?
are you able to save it to your 'My Documents' first and then open it from there?

swapper 22:52 07 Aug 2009

lotvic, I'm really sorry about this, I did reply to BT's first question, the letter is in the body not an attachment. I don't know why but I could not have posted it! my fault for not checking.....sorry.

Sea Urchin, I have tried setting the printer (Epson R200) box to A4 but no change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?