Email on laptop & PC

Liteman 13:44 22 Dec 2008

For the next 3 or 4 weeks I will be away from home, but with access to my emails via my laptop. Does anyone know of a way whereby I can access my emails on the laptop via MS Outlook and at the same time make them accessible on my PC at home, ie I want copies on both machines - smacks of wanting one's cake and eating it I know, but what the heck, it is the season of excess!

Sea Urchin 13:47 22 Dec 2008

You can access them via webmail on your ISPs site or use a program such as mail2web.com - as long as you don't delete them from the server they will still be available on your return home

Clapton is God 13:47 22 Dec 2008

Your ISP should offer a webmail service.

Access your e-mails that way.

Alternatively, if you must use Outlook, tick the option which says 'leave a copy on the server'.

Belatucadrus 14:49 22 Dec 2008

Open Outlook express on the laptop, Then go Tools / Accounts and select the Mail tab / Properties button for the relevant account, on the new window select the Advanced tab and tick the box next to Delivery, Leave a copy of messages on server. That way you can access it with the one and eave a copy for the main PC.
Do note that if you leave the Home PC alone it'll still clear the server when it send/receives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?