I have recently taken Sky Broadband and have set up new email addresses for me and 3 other users on my PC. I still have my old NTL email addresses set up until my month's notice on that expires. At the same time I installed McAfee which comes free with Sky.
Since then I have had the following problems:
1) The Sky server for incoming mail is pop.sky.com but everyday this changed back to 127.0.0.1 which I think is the NTL server (even on the Sky email accounts). I have to change this back manually to receive emails.
2) Some of my emails are going to other Users on my PC
3) I cannot open Outlook Express or Internet Explorer in more than one PC User at a time - I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library message "Runtime Error! Program : C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
4) Can't see any verification codes on screen in Ebay
5) Where an email directs me to a web page, when I click on the link, nothing happens.
Any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated.
Ditch McAfee , it causes nothing but problems , I have read about ( and dealt with ) this problem loads of times . The 127.0.0.1 is the local host or loopback connection , instead of connecting to your ISP it is connecting you to yourself ....get something that works , even free stuff is better , AVG , Avast or suchlike can be downloaded , or get a friend to do it for you if you cannot connect , and while offline uninstall McAfee , then have a look , carefully , through the registry for any bits left behind , then install your free anti virus and a decent software firewall , the free version of Zone alarm is good , then delete your previous Sky details , and re-set up . That should cure the problem , hopefully !!