email-Incredimail & Outlook Express

fritzkp 18:07 23 Oct 2007

When I receive a Photo or Graphic in the body of the emails, I can view them but when I try to,Reply or Forward them they disappear, leaving just the empty box with a red cross in the top left hand corner. This happened about a month ago, previously it was okay. Can anyone help please.

fritzkp

Technotiger 18:11 23 Oct 2007

I assume you are receiving them in Incredimail emails, but trying to send using Outlook Express - I don't use Outlook Express, but I don't think Outlook Express can handle pictures in the body of the emails. I do use Incredimail.

Technotiger 18:13 23 Oct 2007

Or - if you could previously do this (have just re-read your post), perhaps a System Restore back to when you could.

fritzkp 18:33 23 Oct 2007

Thanks Technotiger

I have download some new programs since and am worried System Restore might cause a problem.

Fritzkp

Technotiger 18:39 23 Oct 2007

I did wonder about that, have you not got the originals that you could re-install?

fritzkp 21:48 23 Oct 2007

I am afraid not. Where do I go from here ?

Technotiger 21:54 23 Oct 2007

Hmm, can you not download the programs - do a Google?

Technotiger 21:58 23 Oct 2007

Just thought - when I download programs, after installing them I keep the original downloads in a 'Completed Downloads' folder. If you still have the original downloads (or can re-download them), you could then do the same as me - keep the downloads in a folder, I keep my folder within the My Documents folder.

With the downloads in a folder like that, System Restore will not affect them.

fritzkp 23:36 23 Oct 2007

to be honest, I'm not really sure of all the things I downloaded, as I'm not very attentive, age you no.

Technotiger 23:40 23 Oct 2007

Only other thing I can suggest is that you use the same email program as the person(s) who send you the photos/graphics. It is a free download and very easy to install and use ... click here
I too am a Silver Surfer, though all the Silver has very nearly gone now :-))

fritzkp 23:47 23 Oct 2007

Incredimail is my default email.
Thanks for your input, I have asked Incredimail if they can help, don't know if I'll get a response. I'll let you know if they come up with a solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?