Email hosting options

pes1066 23:16 18 May 2008

My business has a domain name & website with email accessed via Squirrel Mail (or Horde). We are experiencing problems with emails, particularly those with attachments getting bounced back to the sender. We've cleared old emails out as it appears we have limited storage space but this has not resolved the problem. I suspect we have a limit on daily/weekly/monthly memory that is stopping emails being sent & received.
The guy who set this up for us & deigned our 4 page website doesn't seem to be concerned with our problems, trouble is he has all the domain details, otherwise we would just transfer to a more reliable email host with an unlimited memory service.
Can anyone recommend a course of action? I need to get this sorted quickly as the email issue is causing me problems with the business.
Thanks.

Taff™ 06:38 19 May 2008

To whom is the Domain Name registered? I`m surprised you run a business based on using Web Mail. You should set up the e-mails to download to your system and use webmail for remote access only.

Contact your "guy" and request a detailed description of the service he is providing and associated costs, including any service element and contract periods, which might be a monthly fee. Also request he specify any limitations to the service and request user names and passwords for e-mail access, ftp access and Control Panel access. (If anything happens to him you may be in even further trouble)He should be able to provide this information within a few hours.

Then you can take some action by formally writing and expressing your concerns and consider moving provider.

silverous 11:49 19 May 2008

If the domain is registered to you then this should be easier - you should be able to contact the registrar and gain access (not sure what that will involve). If this guy has registered it to himself then it is going to be harder if he isn't cooperating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?