Email help - Spam?? spoofed?? hacked??

jamie.a 20:45 20 Nov 2014
Answered

last week my yahoo email address was sending spam to my contacts, when i checked my sent box the email isn't there, i followed yahoo mail advice and changed password and account details , checked address book etc. , thought the problem was solved. however today i received emails ( from :[email protected] ) again my sent box does not show my account sending any emails ? is my account 'still' hacked ? if so why isn't the sent emails in my sent box ? or if my account is spoofed, then why am i getting undelivered emails errors?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:12 20 Nov 2014

Your email address has been "spoofed".

Nothing you can do about it, it happens to even the best of us at times it will stop in a couple of weeks.

lotvic 21:29 20 Nov 2014
Answer

The spammers harvested (copied) your address book, then spoofed your email address as the sender and return address. They'll move on to someone else's in a couple of weeks...

lotvic 21:39 20 Nov 2014

If you want to have a go at reading the header to see where a spam email comes from here's how to read an email header: Click Here and a Spam email header: ClickHere

jamie.a 22:45 21 Nov 2014

thanx guyz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?