Email headers not printing if IE7 installed

Roger Duke 11:24 09 Nov 2006

Since installing IE7 I've noticed that email headers (From, To, Date etc) often do not print in OE6.
This seems to happen if the message contains a large jpeg attachment or HTML. Setting "Read all messages in plain text" overcomes the problem but that isn't a long-term fix. On reverting to IE6 the problem goes away.
I normally use Firefox but need IE for some sites – also IE's print engine is needed for OE. I suppose the next step is to switch from OE to Thunderbird – or refuse IE7 until Vista forces its use. However I'm curious to know if anyone knows the reason for this latest curio from MS.
TIA

anskyber 11:34 09 Nov 2006

From the drop down menu on the print icon in the command bar choose print preview. From there the 5th icon along at the top turns headers and footers on and off.

Roger Duke 16:34 09 Nov 2006

Thanks but I think you're referring to printing the headers and footers on IE pages, and I'm talking about the To – From – Date header on emails

anskyber 16:42 09 Nov 2006

My e-mail is Outlook 2003 and it prints the headers and footers you ask for, sorry it must be an Outlook Express issue. I use IE7.

anskyber 16:46 09 Nov 2006

I know this is no help but here are some others in your boat. click here

Carafaraday 16:47 09 Nov 2006

I have Outlook Express and IE7 and have just printed off an email which has the usual from, to, sent, attach, subject headers. and the bit at the bottom is AVG.

Roger Duke 18:58 09 Nov 2006

Did the email have a large (say 2MB) jpeg attachment? I can print emails including the To, From etc header providing they are plain text (or else set to display only plain text). However if a large jpeg is attached the header is left off the printout. This was not the case until IE7 was installed - all printed OK previously.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?