Email forwarding via Thunderbird???

Noels 13:42 02 Dec 2008

For various reasons I have changed from OE to Thunderbird. I am in a circle of about ten friends who forward any funnies received from other friends to each other in our circle. Using OE it was easy to forward these emails with all the original email addresses removed by deleting them before clicking send.
I can't seem to do this with Thunderbird. Question, how do I forward emails without showing the original senders email addresses.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Noels

cruiser2 14:07 02 Dec 2008

Click on Forward and open the message. Then highlight the original senders email address and click delete. This should leave just the message to be sent with only your email address appearing. I have just tried it with two different messages from my Thunderbird email address to my Hotmail address.
Hope this helps

Noels 14:14 02 Dec 2008

Thanks for that I will give it a try and let you know the result
Regards
Noels

Noels 14:41 02 Dec 2008

Sorry to say it doesn't work. I think I must have a different setup.As soon as I click Forward the text and all addresses turn themselves into an attachment in the top Rt corner of the Send Page and stay there until I send. On sending to myself the whole email including the original addresses open up. I believe I read somewhere that the only way to send without the original addresses was to copy and paste the text. This would be a pain to say the least. There must be an easier way?
Regards
Noels

Noels 15:32 02 Dec 2008

Sorted the problem. I had Thunderbird set up for all emails to be forwarded as attachments instead of open text. Now that I have set it up correctly I can follow your advice which works.
Many thanks.
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone