Email forwarding / "send as" - Outlook 2007

Nabowla 21:17 13 Sep 2009

Hi,

I'm having problems configuring the "send as" option in Outlook 2007 and wondered if anyone could help me.

At the moment Outlook is configured to send email to/from the address provided by my broadband supplier. I also have an alumni email address which is basically a forwarding service: anything sent to that address gets forwarded on to my broadband email address and arrives in my Outlook inbox.

Outlook 2003 was set up so that whenever I replied to anything sent to my alumni address and forwarded to me, the sender address on the reply was listed as "[email protected]" Now that I've migrated to Outlook 2007 the sender address comes up as "[email protected] on behalf of [email protected]" I don't want anyone to see the email address linked to the broadband provider. Is there any way that I can cut out the "on behalf of" bit of the sender address when I reply to emails?

Thanks in advance.

Woolwell 23:24 13 Sep 2009

Instead of forwarding the alumni e-mail can you configure Outlook to collect direct from the alumni server? In this way you would have 2 e-mail accounts in Outlook and choose to reply accordingly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?