email file compression

geedad 20:13 20 Apr 2010

I try to send a few snaps, but some of them do not send due to being too large ( I think I can safely send up to 50kb, without any problems).
Is there a (freebie) program that really reduces the size of photos?I have an app. that actually does reduce file sizes, called Shrink PC, and it does a good job, but not quite as well as I want.
I use VirginMedia broadband.
geedad

johnnyrocker 20:17 20 Apr 2010

click here

johnny

ame 20:19 20 Apr 2010

A quick way to reduce your photo size when sending it by email is to:

Browse to the picture folder on your computer
Right mouse click on the file of the photo you want to send
Select SEND TO, then MAIL RECIPIENT
A window pops up asking you to select the file size
Select the ‘smaller’ or ‘small’ option, and click OK or ATTACH
Your email message pops up with the attachment – enter an email address, subject and message and click SEND
Note that you can send more than one photo at a time — ‘Click and drag’ to select files that are beside each other on a list, or hold the CTRL key down and click on each file if looking at thumbnails or icons — then right mouse click and select SEND TO.

geedad 20:46 20 Apr 2010

johnnyrocker
ame
Thank you both very much!
geedad

geedad 15:14 21 Apr 2010

ame
I get to the MAIL RECIPIENT, a window pops up, but there is no option for 'smaller or 'small'.
It is just the Microsoft Outlook box?
geedad

ame 10:40 22 Apr 2010

Which operating system are you using? XP,Vista or Windows 7?
E.G. in XP, when you selct send to mail recipient, a window pops up asking if you want to resize all your photos or keep them original size. But there is a "show more options" link at the bottom left hand corner that gives you more size options when you click on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017