Email this file

Quilljar 16:09 17 Jun 2008

When I wish to email a picture file from within a winxp window, I used to get a little window giving me the choice to make the file smaller before sending.
Now, when I do this I am taken straight to my email client (Incredimail) without the option to make the file smaller. I have used this client happily for about three years so I know it is not that. Can anyone tell me how to get this useful option back again?

beeuuem 18:25 17 Jun 2008

Try tip 269. Disable or Enable Resize Graphic - Send To from click here
Highlight 'enable' right click and choose 'save target as'. Save to a location you can remember. Double click the saved reg file (which is called 'resizeendable') and the feature should be restored.
You may need to reboot.

Quilljar 19:24 17 Jun 2008

I downloaded the reg file resizedisable.reg but it did not do the job. Graphcs resize remained disabled. Should there not be a resize 'enabled'
file for what I need?

recap 19:31 17 Jun 2008

Is this what you are meaning? click here for Image resizer one of Microsofts power toys.

beeuuem 19:34 17 Jun 2008

There are two files, one is disable and one is enable. You need the one to put your cursor over the word 'enable' in the 'Disable or Enable Resize Graphic - Send To' text and right click > save target as and run the enable file, which is, I suspect misnamed, 'resizeendable'

beeuuem 19:36 17 Jun 2008

In English that should read
You need to place your cursor over the word 'enable' in the 'Disable or Enable Resize Graphic - Send To' text and right click > save target as and run the enable file, which is, I suspect misnamed, 'resizeendable'

jack 19:51 17 Jun 2008

From www,onthegosoft.com
This runs in the background and shrinks images automatically
Comes with a 'How to Movie' Free.

Technotiger 20:29 17 Jun 2008

In Incredimail got to Tools>Options>Message Tab then put a tick in the box beside Enable Automatic Image Resizing in Attachments Preview.

I have never had any problems emailing pictures using Incrediamil, no matter what size the originals.

Quilljar 22:03 17 Jun 2008

thanks beeuuem, i should have realised that i had the wrong file,All fixed now. Thank-you everyone.

beeuuem 22:54 17 Jun 2008

As with all things in life it is easy when you know how.
On Sunday I changed a tenement window sash cord for the first time ever and it took me three hours. Having done that one, the second one took a whole ten minutes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?