Email Error messages

Allan RISC OS user 15:11 30 Jul 2009

I have sent the following to Tiscali, have not had a reply as yet, can anyone out there throw any light on the problem?

The following error message is displayed when I log in to my email account allan44jw@tiscali.co.uk via the tiscali.co.uk website "Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings",

and this error message when using Thunderbird "Alert: Sending the Password did not succeed. Mailserver pop.tiscali.co.uk responded: invalid mailbox directory".

My other email address allan.jwilliams@tiscali.co.uk appears to be functioning correctly as are my other email addresses via yahoo.

This problem has only occurred today Wednesday 29 July.

I can send emails from allan44jw@tiscali.co.uk to allan.jwilliams@tiscali.co.uk and read the message when received.

I have not changed any of my account settings in Tiscali or Thunderbird, so what could be the problem? Both email addresses have the same setting!

woodchip 15:16 30 Jul 2009

You are really asking for trouble posting your E-Mails if they are yours

woodchip 15:17 30 Jul 2009

You are really asking for trouble posting your E-Mails if they are yours onto a forum for all to see

Sea Urchin 15:20 30 Jul 2009

Sounds like Tiscali is down - are you near Poole by any chance?

click here

And I agree with woodchip - crazy to post your email addresses on an open forum (which also gets picked up on Google etc)

Clapton is God 15:42 30 Jul 2009

No problems here with Tiscali e-mail (I just logged into my account at their web-mail service from my office PC).

Try again later.

You may want to start thinking about new e-mail addresses for yourself as I rather suspect the two you've just advertised to the world will shortly start getting more than their fair share of spam.

Allan RISC OS user 16:41 30 Jul 2009

Thanks for the info, did not think of the problems!!!!

I do not use them as my main email addresses, but will change and not bother to look at them as soon as they start giving trouble.

Allan RISC OS user 17:33 30 Jul 2009

Will await message from ISP!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?