email delivery?

Sheila-214876 11:35 20 Feb 2004

A friend has just emailed me to complain that he has lost at least £1100 for a booking. The reason - someone emailed him via his website email link (which I built, so I am taking the stick) to book rooms for a week for 6 adults. The email was sent on 18th JANUARY 2004 but was not received until 17th FEBRUARY 2004. A month for an email to arrive seems unbelievable to me. I have spoken to his domain host who say they have no known problems with their servers, and even if they did the technicians would have it up and running again within 24 hours. If he forwards this email to me would the headers reveal where it has been, and why it took a month? Thanks

anon1 11:42 20 Feb 2004

The only thing I can offer is in future ask for a read reciept and then at least if you do not hear in a couple of days you got a chance. You can also get mail delivered receipts from some email clients. The problem could have been that the recipient does not check mail often due to lack of it in the past.

Sheila-214876 11:12 21 Feb 2004

Just found out this email was sent direct to his own private email address and not the business address on the website. So I am in the clear. I have told him to contact his ISP and ask for an explanation from them. Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?