Email Attachments - Outlook 2007

ZZ Top 19:33 08 Nov 2010

Have been having trouble with Outlook 07 over the past few weeks, mainly with synchronising folders & Outlook 'not responding'. Since yesterday I have also been unable to send emails with attachments (have tried to 3 separate addresses, including myself); mail just stays in the outbox. Attachment is only a 3kb jpeg so is well within limits. Just run scanpst.exe which seems to have fixed synchronising/not responding problem, but still can't send emails with attachments. Emails without go fine. Have also checked my AVG but it is not set to scan or do anything with outgoing emails. Please help!

northumbria61 20:55 08 Nov 2010

Can you try saving as a DRAFT then sending to see what happens.

northumbria61 20:59 08 Nov 2010

Are you getting any error messages or does it just "sit" in the outbox?

ZZ Top 21:43 08 Nov 2010

It just sits in the outbox. Will try saving as a draft, but after logging off for an hour the synchronising folders problem is back so Outlook now 'not responding'!

ZZ Top 21:48 08 Nov 2010

Managed to keep Outlook running for long enough to write a new message, with an attachment, and save to drafts. That bit was fine but when sending, it still sits in the Outbox, no error messages and send/receive details say everything successful.

Woolwell 21:50 08 Nov 2010

How large is your pst file?
I suspect that this is a problem with that file as the scanpst initially fixed your sync problem.

BTW is this a POP or IMAP account?

ZZ Top 21:51 08 Nov 2010

Sorry, I obviously didn't wait long enough - the email I saved as a draft and then sent has now gone, but the one that was already sitting in my outbox is still there. I'm no wiser but I suspect you may be! ...?

ZZ Top 21:56 08 Nov 2010

Sorry, I obviously didn't wait long enough - the email I saved as a draft and then sent has now gone, but the one that was already sitting in my outbox is still there. I'm no wiser but I suspect you may be! ...?

Woolwell 21:58 08 Nov 2010

Open the one in Outbox and click on send and see what happens.

ZZ Top 22:03 08 Nov 2010

Ah, I hadn't thought of pst file size as I don't keep many emails. I have 2 @sky email addresses, both IMAP accounts. Just noticed that the pst files are 2GB and 1.5GB. I'm now presuming that these files are a bit large, but can't understand how as I have about 20 emails in each account, and a quick look shows that only 2 of the total emails have attachments. Is there maybe something I'm not understanding about pst files?

ZZ Top 22:09 08 Nov 2010

The one that's still in the outbox is still there despite me opening it and sending again. Send/receive says it completed all tasks successfully but email ain't gone. Checked with recipient and cc'd myself as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?