email and attachments

cagey 21:34 01 Mar 2004

When I send an email with an attachment of a picture, the picture also appears in the main document, which is not required. How can I stop this from happening. I am using Outlook Express and Win XP.

kinger 22:13 01 Mar 2004

To insert a picture into a message

Click the place in the message where you want the image to appear.
On the Insert menu, click Picture, and then click Browse to find the image file.
Enter Layout and Spacing information for the image file as needed.

If you cannot select the Picture command, make sure HTML formatting is turned on by clicking the Format menu in the message window and then clicking Rich Text (HTML). A black dot appears by the command when it is selected.

If message recipients are not able to view your inserted images, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Send tab, click HTML Settings, and then make sure that Send pictures with messages is selected. Then resend your message.

To insert a background picture into your message, in the message window, on the Format menu, point to Background, and then click Picture. Click the Browse button to search for the file you want to use.

kinger 22:13 01 Mar 2004

To insert a picture into a message

Click the place in the message where you want the image to appear.
On the Insert menu, click Picture, and then click Browse to find the image file.
Enter Layout and Spacing information for the image file as needed.

If you cannot select the Picture command, make sure HTML formatting is turned on by clicking the Format menu in the message window and then clicking Rich Text (HTML). A black dot appears by the command when it is selected.

If message recipients are not able to view your inserted images, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Send tab, click HTML Settings, and then make sure that Send pictures with messages is selected. Then resend your message.

To insert a background picture into your message, in the message window, on the Format menu, point to Background, and then click Picture. Click the Browse button to search for the file you want to use.

kinger 22:15 01 Mar 2004

To insert a file into a message

Click anywhere in the message window.
On the Insert menu, click File Attachment, and then find the file you want to attach.
Select the file, and then click Attach.
The file is listed in the Attach box in the message header.

You can also add a text (*.txt) file into the body of your e-mail message by clicking the Insert menu and then clicking Text from File.

kinger 22:15 01 Mar 2004

To insert a file into a message

Click anywhere in the message window.
On the Insert menu, click File Attachment, and then find the file you want to attach.
Select the file, and then click Attach.
The file is listed in the Attach box in the message header.

You can also add a text (*.txt) file into the body of your e-mail message by clicking the Insert menu and then clicking Text from File.

cagey 22:45 01 Mar 2004

kinger when I click the File Attachment and find the file I wish to attach, it is shown as an attachment but it also in the main body of the email, which is what I don't want. How can I get rid of this?

cagey 22:45 01 Mar 2004

kinger when I click the File Attachment and find the file I wish to attach, it is shown as an attachment but it also in the main body of the email, which is what I don't want. How can I get rid of this?

kinger 22:55 01 Mar 2004

Do you mean that you get TWO separate files, in effect, doubling the size of the email, or ONE file but it gets displayed in your email and is ALSO an attachment.

kinger 22:55 01 Mar 2004

Do you mean that you get TWO separate files, in effect, doubling the size of the email, or ONE file but it gets displayed in your email and is ALSO an attachment.

cagey 23:01 01 Mar 2004

I get it as ONE file but it gets displayed in my email and is ALSO an attachment thus doubling the size of the email. How do I stop this?

cagey 23:01 01 Mar 2004

I get it as ONE file but it gets displayed in my email and is ALSO an attachment thus doubling the size of the email. How do I stop this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?